"Another year, shot in the ass."
-- Bob "Mr. Daddy" Eolin
Fact: I am not going to miss 2009.
Fact: if I the New Year's Baby could let the door mightily hit 2009s ass on the way out, that would be absolutely fine with me.
Fact: I can be petty.
As I sit in NYC, my new home for the last 12 days, I think about what I'd like to happen in my life in 2010. Other than the usual items of timeless beauty, unlimited money and a spot as a guest judge Project Runway, here's what I came up with (and they are in no particular order so shut up about my priorities!):
* That I stop saying "shut up." (Good luck...!)
* Wear more hoodies because they make me feel like I'm wearing a hug
* People realize there is no such thing as "too much kindness"
* Lots of great family time!
* Getting tea on tap in my kitchen. And my bedroom. And next to my couch. But not in the bathroom. Even I have limits.
* Patience with things I don't understand. ("Things" range from other people's extreme views to bad fashion choices to figuring out how to shut off a new fangled alarm clock...)
* More time with the television turned OFF
* More painting
* More writing
* MORE BACON
* Becoming more computer/tech savvy
* Volunteering at a dog rescue
* Being a fab aunt to my "soon-to-arrive" nephew!
* Being a better friend
* Giving my senior dog, Matilda, another great year
* Not being so hard on myself (unless I totally deserve it)
* Start to learn a new language
* Visit more museums
* See more shows... all kinds!
Oh sure - throw world peace in there, but I was actually going for things that have a shot at happening. (Maybe I should add: "Be less cynical" to my list? Nah...)
Happy New Year!