Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything,
You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.
Recently writer Washington Post blog author, Alexandra Petri, wrote an article titled, Famous Quotes, the Way A Woman Would Have to Say Them in a Meeting. (Read it, I'll wait...)
While hilarious, this article is also incredibly sad due to its spot on accuracy: Women apologize. For everything. All the time. (I'm sorry, was that too harsh? I totally mean that some women apologize, certainly not you ever. Only some! The weak few, of which you are not! You are amazing and I'm a big stupid nothing! I'm so sorry for breathing your air!!)
I've decided in the spirit of Petri's article to blog a list of things I absolutely have apologized for in the past. As of now, no apologies. Not now or ever. You can't make me. RAWR.
I will not apologize for....
- ...wanting to be in a relationship.
- ...taking copious pictures of my dog in the same exact position every day. (#MaggieAndLady on Instagram, people!)
- ...speaking confidently.
- ...having opinions.
- ...having an autoimmune disease.
- ...not believing in God.
- ...supporting and using Planned Parenthood.
- ...not knowing something that isn't in my area of expertise.
- ...not digging Halloween.
- ...listening to copious amounts of Pitbull.
- ...the amount of bacon I eat.
- ...the bevy of emotions that live inside of me.
- ...not wanting kids of my own.
My dad always said to live without regrets, but don't be an asshole about it. (Well, not exactly that, but that was the gist.) So here's to keeping apologies limited to situations that actually deserve them.
Okay, until my next blog.... Rock on! (Oh, I won't apologize for using that phrase either... also, I love saying "Groovy." #